Vice President of Research
Vice President of Research
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Our esteemed Vice President of Research is retiring.
If you are a seasoned executive with the talent to translate research into crisp, clear and compelling business insights, a passion for politics and have an outward-facing view, this is a unique opportunity to join Uline’s executive team and impact business decisions. This role reports to the Company President.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Deliver your perspective on various topics to audiences ranging from the Company President to groups of over 400 people.
- Monitor Geopolitical and market-based events, understanding their potential impact on Uline’s North American business.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to support the needs of the Company President and senior executives.
- Stay current on emerging industry trends and key competitor strategies.
- Perform primary research and synthesize secondary research sources on topics including economic, political, demographic and customer trends.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with executives across the company.
- Spearhead the development of new market research techniques and solutions.
- Lead a team of senior research professionals responsible for providing formal reports and briefs communicating relevant findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree a plus.
- 15+ years in a strategy or research role.
- Industrial supply experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities a must.
- Research skills are essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 37,500 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Uline provides the essential supplies needed to keep organizations operational and productive. To protect the health and safety of our employees, we have modified our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.