Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
With Uline’s continued growth, we need a team that ensures we stay true to our company motto of Speed, Passion and Operational Excellence. Our Operations team keeps us on track by conducting internal operational audits, analyzing company performance and reporting findings and recommendations.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment hair follicle drug screening.
- Work with Uline's branch managers to identify initiatives for improving distribution, customer service, sales and other operational capabilities.
- Contribute to continued excellence in efficiency, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Assess current and future requirements in determining optimal processes, procedures and standards within Uline warehouses, customer service and sales departments.
- Evaluate and monitor branch metrics and headcount.
- Coordinate growth and expansion strategies among multi-departmental levels in support of corporate growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years experience in a senior leadership role.
- Proven record of effective distribution management operating in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent customer-facing experience and strong communication skills.
- Experience leading large multi-location / branch sites, including sales, customer service and warehouse responsibilities.
- Skilled in data analysis and systems.
- Strong team leadership and process management skills.
- Experience working with warehouse management systems (implementation a plus).
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple department leaders to gain consensus on projects and initiatives and develop long-term operational plans.
- Available for travel to Uline's branch and international locations.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service, our 800+ page catalog of over 38,500 quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock inventory. With over 7,000 employees across 12 locations, it's time you joined Uline.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.