Location:Milton, ON, Canada
3333 James Snow Parkway – Milton, ON L9T 8L1
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Uline for a job. Instead, I found a career."
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Our people make the difference.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our Finance department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in accounting, tax, financial analysis, international finance, credit / collections or accounts payable, Uline is the company for you.
Uline seeks an Assistant Controller at its Toronto Branch in Milton, Ontario.
- Assist in directing daily operations of the Canada Accounting, Accounts Payable and Cash Applications teams.
- Ensure integrity in processing of financial transactions and monitor / define appropriate internal controls.
- Mentor, guide and train the team to drive a high-level of performance.
- Assist in preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations; analyze accounts for unusual transactions.
- Identify opportunities to improve department processes and productivity.
- Remain up-to-date on new accounting procedures and their effect on financial statements.
- Coordinate audits with external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and CPA.
- 7+ years experience in accounting.
- 2+ years leadership experience in a managerial role required.
- Leadership experience and ability to guide others required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Oracle General Ledger or similar GL experience preferred.
- Experience working for a U.S. multinational company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café and outdoor patio.
- First-class fitness center.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.