Location:Milton, ON, Canada
3333 James Snow Parkway North, Milton, ON L9T 8L1
Uline is seeking an Assistant Controller to join our Accounting team.
- Assist in directing daily operations of the Canada Accounting, Accounts Payable and Cash Applications teams.
- Ensure integrity in processing of financial transactions and monitor / define appropriate internal controls.
- Mentor, guide and train the team to drive a high-level of performance.
- Assist in preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations; analyze accounts for unusual transactions.
- Identify opportunities to improve department processes and productivity.
- Remain up-to-date on new accounting procedures and their effect on financial statements.
- Coordinate audits with external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and CPA.
- 7+ years experience in accounting.
- 2+ years leadership experience in a managerial role required.
- Leadership experience and ability to guide others required.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Oracle General Ledger or similar GL experience preferred.
- Experience working for a U.S. multinational company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café and outdoor patio.
- First-class fitness center.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.