IT Delivery Manager
IT Delivery Manager
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline's 200+ person IT Department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Working at Uline is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best of breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base. Whether we’re improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT Department seeks to do it the best way.
The IT Delivery Manager is on the front line leading and facilitating the identification, definition and delivery of application development solutions. In this highly visible role, you will lead a cross functional team consisting of Business stakeholders and IT staff using a mix of traditional project management disciplines and Agile / Scrum-based practices.
- Manage the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects.
- Provide strong, proactive and assertive leadership for assigned projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Become deeply engaged in and knowledgeable of the solutions being developed.
- Define, orchestrate and manage the holistic project lifecycle, delivery cadence, release plan and sprint schedule.
- Work closely with the business and solution analysts to define and refine project scope, product / project backlogs and release plans.
- Oversee and lead the definition and creation of high-quality project / product backlogs, utilizing epics, features, user stories and task structures.
- Plan, facilitate and champion effective Agile / Scrum ceremonies including backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand ups, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Coach, guide and mentor teams on Agile / Scrum practices and techniques.
- Actively contribute to establishing and improving project management practices and delivery frameworks.
- Develop detailed work plans, including work breakdown structures, project milestones, risk assessment / management plans, staffing needs, project timelines and budgets.
- Facilitate the identification, scheduling and assignment of project activities, tasks and milestones.
- Ensure established project delivery framework tasks, activities and deliverables are represented and accounted for in project plans and timelines.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to assemble and manage project resources.
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables.
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years overall IT experience with significant experience in software development.
- 5+ years experience managing software / application development projects.
- 3+ years Agile / Scrum experience.
- Experience with both traditional waterfall software development processes and Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office.
- Experience managing projects with a variety of technologies, platforms and development languages (AS400, Java, .NET, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian / Jira / Confluence and TFS a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to interface with executives and stakeholders regarding issues of project scope and status.
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings and drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with minimal direction.
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.