Web Application Architect
Web Application Architect
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Dr. Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is seeking a Web Application Architect to join our Technology team.
Thursday, June 27th from 5 PM to 7 PM at the address above.
See Uline’s gorgeous facilities and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Architect Uline's web applications portfolio, including the multi-billion dollar e-commerce web and mobile solutions, Uline's intranet system, custom-built sales CRM system and other web applications.
- Ensure technical designs are in compliance with established architectural standards.
- Establish the technical vision and direction for the team as well as provide guidance, direction and support to application developers and technical designers.
- Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies.
- Design solutions for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Stay current with technology trends and help migrate to technologies that are best fit for the organization.
- Recommend alternatives for application portfolio migration that best align with business needs plus optimize maintainability and performance.
- Bachelor's degree. Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of IT experience with 5+ years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Experience with large-scale e-commerce web applications a big plus.
- Experience with content distribution systems like Akamai a plus.
- Experience with designing and building mobile web applications a plus.
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks a plus.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communications with various levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment while ensuring production systems are up and performing well.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a privately held, family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.