Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Are you a Production Designer who loves defined workflows, grids and pristine press-ready files?
Is your preferred color profile CMYK with a Pantone spot here and there?
Do you bring your "A" game to every project, even if it's simple or repetitive?
Uline currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to join our Creative team as a Production Designer.
Our Creative department is a team of 100+ professionals operating as the company's internal agency, serving clients throughout the entire organization. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, Uline is the place for you.
Our Production Designers possess excellent technical skills with print production knowledge and familiarity with prepress standards. They interact well with other teams, both in and outside the department. They show extreme attention to detail plus an ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines. They understand the role of an in-house Production Designer by striking a healthy balance between initiative and good judgement.
A TYPICAL DAY IN THE OFFICE
- Maintain template consistency and file quality for print and electronic media.
- Produce, correct, preflight and output files for offset and digital presses.
- Create soft and hardcopy proofs for internal review.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed and product generated, utilizing internal job tickets and tracking systems.
- Ensure consistency of database information, file structure and archiving.
- Understand current postal regulations. Obtain mail panel approvals through Print Services.
- Produce international pieces that maintain the creative integrity of the approved U.S. concept.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Associate degree in graphic arts with in-depth knowledge of print / prepress production.
- 3 to 5 years experience in prepress production and design.
- Solid technical understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS.
- Quick learner, adept at learning new programs.
- Ability to recognize and visually differentiate colors.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize work and minimize production downtime.
- Understanding of bindery and press specifications (drill allowance, margins, bleeds, etc.).
- Excellent proofing skills with an ability to read and apply math functions, including fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management, CMS, Pindar or Agility a plus.
- Work overtime as needed.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.