Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our Technology team.
Thursday, June 27th from 5 PM to 7 PM at the address above.
See Uline’s gorgeous facilities and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
- Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Work with Application Development team to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Support all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
- Ensure that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented.
- Develop and optimize complex T-SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Understand written business requirements and translate them into technical design.
- Design and develop SQL code, ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements.
- Respond to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (DR tests, catalog-to-web cut overs, DBMS upgrades, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and database administration preferred.
- Proficient in the following RDBMS: SQL Server 2012-2017, basic Oracle 11g and 12c, basic Oracle RAC and basic DB2 LUW 11.1 (pureScale).
- Experience developing, troubleshooting and optimizing T-SQL and PL/SQL code, ETL/SSIS processes and SSRS reports.
- Experience performing SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot, SQL and Oracle target).
- Proficient in installing, configuring, upgrading and patching all RDBMS listed above, as well as OLTP performance troubleshooting.
- Experience using Windows 2012-2016, RHEL 6.5-7.5 and AIX at a level required to support RDBMS.
- Experience administering Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of Senior Database Administrators.
- Willingness to work onsite in a professional business environment and off-site for after hours on-call activities.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.