Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Senior Database Administrator.
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
As a Senior Database Administrator, your key goal is to ensure that database architecture, development and maintenance are properly executed so databases run at peak performance with no issues. You will also work closely with various teams to develop data models and confirm that all changes are properly integrated.
A successful candidate will have 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and database administration along with the ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of Senior Database Administrators.
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
- Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Work with Application Development team to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Support all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
- Ensure that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented.
- Develop and optimize complex T-SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Understand written business requirements and translate them into technical design.
- Design and develop SQL code, ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements.
- Respond to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (DR tests, catalog-to-web cut overs, DBMS upgrades, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and database administration preferred.
- Proficient in the following RDBMS: SQL Server 2012-2017, basic Oracle 11g and 12c, basic Oracle RAC and basic DB2 LUW 11.1 (pureScale).
- Experience developing, troubleshooting and optimizing T-SQL and PL/SQL code, ETL/SSIS processes and SSRS reports.
- Experience performing SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot, SQL and Oracle target).
- Proficient in installing, configuring, upgrading and patching all RDBMS listed above, as well as OLTP performance troubleshooting.
- Experience using Windows 2012-2016, RHEL 6.5-7.5 and AIX at a level required to support RDBMS.
- Experience administering Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of Senior Database Administrators.
- Willingness to work onsite in a professional business environment and off-site for after hours on-call activities.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.