Audio Visual Engineer
Audio Visual Engineer
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
As an Audio Visual Engineer, your key goal is to maintain the various audio and video systems at Uline's corporate facilities. You will be in charge of configuring multiple types of devices, troubleshooting performance issues that arise and editing various training and presentation media projects.
A successful candidate will have 5+ years experience with audio / video equipment and networks, as well as implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting streaming media systems. We seek someone who has the ability to make decisions, problem-solve under pressure and work with a high-degree of accuracy and detail.
- Create and communicate scopes of work, quotes, change order and other documentation.
- Set up, configure and support all audio and video systems.
- Configure multiple AV / IT devices (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
- Troubleshoot audio / video performance issues and maintain diagrams and documentation.
- Develop standards and maintain all systems, applications and configurations.
- Review with Facilities team to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards (general construction, etc.).
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot difficult issues and designs.
- Determine infrastructure requirements to support the designs.
- Provide support for live events (presentations, concerts, etc.).
- Provide escalated support to the business for video-conferencing needs.
- Oversee contractors / vendors that provide physical installation and support of our conference rooms.
- Maintain conference room updates and ensure all hardware and software are on the same versions.
- Provide extraordinary technical and/or analytic support in identifying, analyzing and resolving problems of moderate to highly-complex business communication systems.
- Edit training videos and presentation segments.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Post high school education in broadcasting technology, radio equipment and/or sound equipment preferred.
- 5+ years experience with AV / IT networks.
- Familiar with setup of digital audio transport platforms.
- Experience with implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting streaming media systems.
- Experience with IP cameras, encoders and decoders.
- Experience with set up of media servers for real-time and on-demand use, distribution and archiving.
- Experience with live audio - using wireless microphones, mixing and audio processing (EQ, compression, etc.).
- Technical AV certifications such as Crestron, AVIXA or Certified Technology Specialist (CTS).
- Familiar with non-linear editing.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent time-management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Ability to occasionally work after-hours and on weekends.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.