Associate Desktop Technician
Associate Desktop Technician
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
As a Uline Associate Desktop Technician, you will be our first line of defense, providing computing support and diagnosing problems. Your expertise will ensure that software and hardware upgrades perform smoothly, users are properly trained on new programs and technical issues are resolved in an efficient and seamless manner. If an employee has an IT support question or problem, you will be the person to find a solution.
Ideal candidates will have experience providing computing support to a variety of users in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- Respond to and resolve user support requests.
- Deploy new hardware and software, plus perform maintenance on existing equipment.
- Research solutions to new problems and find better solutions to existing problems.
- Participate in planning and implementing large-scale projects.
- Log time and problem resolutions into system.
- Share knowledge with other team members.
- Create and maintain documentation of various systems and software programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent in Microsoft Windows technology.
- Understanding of and ability to work with Microsoft Active Directory administration and user accounts.
- Understanding of basic networking, remote communications and other infra systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours or weekends.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.