Associate IT Business Analyst
Associate IT Business Analyst
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
As an Associate IT Business Analyst, you'll be the key contact to other Uline departments that request various IT procedures and functions. You will work closely with various teams to determine what requirements are needed to complete these requests. The successful candidate will have IT and business analysis experience, plus experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies.
- Serve as key liaison to other departments that have specific business functions.
- Collaborate with departments to identify, document and communicate business needs and provide IT solutions.
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Facilitate requirement elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources.
- Perform current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- Produce timely, high-quality, requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications, process flows, mock-ups and wireframes.
- Facilitate the definition, creation and management of the project backlog.
- Author high-quality user stories, features and epics.
- Participate and in some instances, lead backlog grooming activities for assigned projects.
- Answer questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the estimation process.
- Plan, facilitate and execute system / functional testing and UAT for projects and enhancements.
- Become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas and projects.
- Understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Document, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- Evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments.
- Collaborate with other departments and IT to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
- Coordinate tactical-related business requests for IT development enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years experience as a business analyst.
- 4+ years overall IT experience with significant experience in software development.
- Experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting and managing business, functional and technical requirements.
- Experience in modeling / mapping as-is and to-be business processes.
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies.
- Experience in test planning, test case development and execution.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server and web services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
- Understanding of core business processes, such as order to cash, prospect to customer and procure to pay a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence and Microsoft TFS a plus.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.