Associate Quality Assurance Analyst
Associate Quality Assurance Analyst
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for sharp, hardworking and ambitious Associate Quality Assurance Analysts to join our Information Technology team.
Uline's 200+ person IT Department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Working at Uline is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
As an Associate Quality Assurance Analyst, you will work with other QA Analysts to support holistic testing efforts for multiple projects and software releases, including integration, system, regression, performance and user acceptance testing as a part of Agile / Scrum teams. You will also learn and support quality assurance (QA) activities related to complex applications and system implementation projects. A successful candidate will understand software development life cycle (SDLC) as well as Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Work to support holistic testing efforts for multiple projects and software releases, including integration, system, regression, performance and user-acceptance testing as a part of Agile / Scrum teams.
- Develop the ability to create, execute and maintain effective test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on requirements, user stories and project needs.
- Learn and participate in front-end and back-end testing.
- Document and evaluate test results and defects, track and manage defects and work with Development and Business teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Provide testing estimates for assigned work.
- Establish and maintain traceability of requirements through test plans and cases.
- Partner with Solution Analysts and Project Managers to ensure requirements are documented, understood, testable and accurately tested.
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting of established QA metrics and KPIs for assigned projects.
- Act as customer advocate.
- Provide input on go / no-go decisions for production releases.
- Understand and support QA activities related to complex applications and system implementation projects.
- Follow established QA practices and methodology for Uline's IT Project Services team within assigned projects.
- Collaborate with the QA team to develop, implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services.
- Assist the QA Automation Engineer by providing functional and complete manual tests to be included in automated testing and in helping to identify candidates for test automation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- QA experience in IT projects or assignments.
- Familiarity with formal test tools and understanding of their general functions and use.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Visual Studio Test Professional and Microsoft Test Manager a plus.
- Understanding of SDLC.
- Understanding of Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge of QA processes, practices and systems.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability work in team-based assignments and environments.
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistics a plus.
- Proficient at writing and executing SQL statements.
- Development background a plus.
- Experience testing applications built in Angular web application framework a plus.
- Experience performing API testing a plus.
- Experience using Confluence Team Collaboration software a plus.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.