Desktop / Audio Visual Technician
Desktop / Audio Visual Technician
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
As a Desktop / Audio Visual Technician, your key role is to maintain the various desktop, audio and video systems at Uline's corporate facilities. You will be in charge of configuring multiple types of devices, troubleshooting performance issues that arise and editing various training and presentation media projects.
A successful candidate will have 4+ years experience with desktop support, audio / video equipment and networks, as well as implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting streaming media systems. We seek someone who has the ability to make decisions, problem-solve under pressure and work with a high-degree of accuracy and detail.
- Provide daily Level 2 support for various infrastructure / desktop support systems.
- Preform various system upgrades and maintenance.
- Perform hands-on technical upgrades and deployments.
- Write scripts that perform system tasks and change configurations.
- Set up, configure and support audio and video systems.
- Configure multiple AV / IT devices (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
- Troubleshoot audio / video performance issues and maintain diagrams and documentation.
- Provide support for live events (presentations, concerts, etc.).
- Provide escalated support to the business for video-conferencing needs.
- Maintain conference room updates and ensure all hardware and software are on the same versions.
- Edit training videos and presentation segments.
- Research new technologies and make recommendations.
- Develop, document and train others on IT systems and best practice procedures.
- Analyze business and IT processes, technologies and applications.
- Maintain software-testing environment for new security patches, Windows updates, etc.
- Provide administration and oversight for Lotus Notes desktop client, desktop and client policy.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- MCSA or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years IT experience in desktop support and with AV / IT networks.
- Experience with set up of media servers for real-time and on-demand use, distribution and archiving.
- Experience with live audio using wireless microphones, mixing and audio processing (EQ, compression, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Strong team player with solid interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with various departments and external organizations.
- Proven project management experience.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Ability to occasionally work after-hours and on weekends.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.