Data Strategy Manager
Data Strategy Manager
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Data Strategy Manager.
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Working at Uline is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, we seek to do it the best way.
- Work to ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting across Uline.
- Manage requirements gathering, planning and monitoring of projects in the BI / EDW space.
- Work closely with the business units to understand their current and future analytics needs.
- Develop an analytic roadmap for Uline.
- Work with the EDW Delivery and BI Reporting teams as a product owner in the agile development sprints to ensure their solutions address the requirements and needs of the business units.
- Act as an advocate for the new enterprise data warehouse in the business units.
- Work with the BI architect to identify and prove out new analytic tools.
- Facilitate the data governance process within Uline.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the enterprise data catalog.
- Coordinate with Application Development teams to ensure analytic requirements are included and met in new applications.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related major.
- 10+ years related experience.
- Direct experience managing multiple platforms and BI tools.
- Excellent knowledge of database design, SQL, data warehousing and reporting tools.
- Ability to understand the company’s data needs and database environment.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.