Service Desk Technician
Service Desk Technician
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for high-energy, passionate and adaptive team players with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as Service Desk Technicians.
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
- Saturday – Wednesday, 6 AM to 2:30 PM
- Monday – Friday, 11:30 AM to 8 PM (MUST BE BILINGUAL IN SPANISH FOR THIS SHIFT)
- Create incident tickets to document issues and route tickets to appropriate support group for processing.
- Provide Level 1 support / troubleshooting of desktop and laptop hardware / software issues.
- Perform operational activities, including system saves and restores, AS400 IPLs, server reboots, off-site tape storage and report generation and distribution.
- Perform user account set up, security maintenance and systems monitoring.
- Coordinate support team escalations and alert communications during major incidents.
- Provide incident and problem management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years help desk support and data center operator experience.
- Must be 100% bilingual (English / Spanish) for the Monday through Friday shift.
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis of AS400, Lotus Notes, Windows network printing, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Active Directory.
- Experience using Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Control-M, VPN and Citrix remote access solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and customer service skills.
- Solid understanding of basic networking fundamentals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day instructions.
- Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Available for 4 weeks of training and orientation, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM.
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a privately held, family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.