Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Java Engineer.
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Working at Uline is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, we seek to do it the best way.
- Design, develop and maintain complex, shared Enterprise Java services – security, logging, common APIs and enforcing coding standards.
- Design, enhance and maintain Spring components such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Data and Spring Security.
- Develop and monitor large scale distributed systems using modern tooling, such as Spring Boot, WebSockets, Consul and ELK.
- Optimize industry standard continuous integration pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and Git for build automation. Enhance the existing CI/CD pipeline for containers and cloud-native deployments.
- Apply industry best practices, patterns and techniques to object-oriented software analysis and design.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related major.
- 3+ years Java development experience.
- Strong Java / J2EE experience and a sound understanding of Java container internals (Tomcat and/or Jetty).
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Good knowledge of Spring, JPA / Hibernate, service discovery and REST.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.