Lead IT Systems Technician
Lead IT Systems Technician
2950 Jurupa St., Ontario, CA 91761
Uline is actively seeking a Lead IT Systems Technician to join our California branch.
Working at Uline is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, we seek to do it the best way.
- Act as the primary coordinator of daily IT operations for Uline's California branch.
- Prioritize, schedule and oversee local projects involving IT-related systems and software.
- Participate in daily user and equipment support. Act as senior-level escalation point person for complex requests.
- Develop and document troubleshooting and operational procedures.
- Work with local facilities and third-party vendors to support IT and infrastructure systems, including network/server gear, battery backup units and power/data cabling.
- Coordinate and direct work of other local technicians in accordance with branch and corporate priorities.
- Schedule and participate in on-call support rotation alongside other local technicians.
- Hold regular team meetings to review, prioritize and troubleshoot weekly operational issues.
- Perform periodic sessions with local tech staff to provide performance feedback, coaching and technical direction. Participate in annual review process and delivery.
- Review and create regular reports on system and technician metrics.
- Train and mentor local technicians on both technical and cultural dimensions of the IT support role.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of hardware and software support experience.
- Scripting experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and support new systems.
- Excellent communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Outdoor patio.
- First-class fitness center.
- Free chair massages.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.