Associate Demand Planner
Associate Demand Planner
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for a passionate and detailed team player with great work ethic to join our Purchasing team as an Associate Demand Planner.
As an Associate Demand Planner, you will be responsible for developing initial inventory-level forecasts for various items. You also will be working with replenishment parameters and performing analysis to help support stocking strategies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in demand forecasting, purchasing or a related field and experience with AS400, SQL and Microsoft Access.
- Support the Demand Planning team in the development of initial forecasts.
- Utilize forecasts and "like item" demand history to develop initial corporate and branch inventory levels.
- Participate in setting, updating and maintaining corporate and branch replenishment parameters.
- Determine forecasts and inventory parameters for seasonal items.
- Determine timing for initial ramp-up or purchase of goods.
- Coordinate replenishment and safety stock requirements needed to properly position inventory.
- Work closely with corporate and branch buyers in maintaining accurate replenishment parameters.
- Provide analytical support to help determine each item's stocking strategy.
- Create and provide metrics and measurements, as well as exception management reports to analyze program effectiveness and opportunities.
- Participate in the generation of process flows and instructional guides related to purchasing / demand forecasting functions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1+ years experience in demand forecasting, purchasing or related field preferred.
- Proficient with spreadsheets.
- AS400, SQL and Microsoft Access experience a plus.
- Ability to multitask and work independently with precise detail and follow-up reporting.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and communication skills.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.