Location:Milton, ON, Canada
3333 James Snow Parkway North
Milton, ON L9T 8L1
Due to tremendous growth, Uline seeks a hard-working, detailed individual to join our team as Operations Manager.
In this role, you will work to determine product storage standards for our 600,000+ square-foot Toronto warehouse in Milton. Not only will you develop and monitor these product storage standards, but you will also assign and maintain all storage codes, audit storage procedures, plus manage department operations and staff.
You will be expected to be detail oriented, diligent and accurate while maintaining a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will have several years of distribution experience, hands-on management skills and experience using Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Recruit, retain and motivate staff to ensure optimum utilization of the department and the highest levels of service.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Supply Chain area.
- Develop, communicate and monitor product storage standards.
- Assign and maintain velocity / storage codes for all items.
- Audit branch procedures through reports, onsite visits and communication.
- Identify, recommend and follow-up on improvements and corrective actions.
- Work with various departments, including Marketing, Purchasing and Inventory Control, to ensure product information relative to product storage and handling is maintained in a consistent manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 6+ years distribution experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Hands-on management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written-communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café and outdoor patio.
- First-class fitness center.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.