Trade Compliance Supervisor
Trade Compliance Supervisor
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline seeks an experienced Trade Compliance Supervisor at its corporate headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
You will join our International Operations team that supports Uline's Canada and Mexico branches. International Operations manages various tasks, including trade compliance, logistics, purchasing, merchandising and supply chain operations.
In this role, you will be the primary contact for communication with U.S. Customs on all inquiries and questionnaires and will coordinate the required research necessary for responses. You also will work with other departments and senior leaders to ensure all processes comply with applicable laws and regulations, Uline's business model and product lines.
- Provide accountability for the Customs brokers used by Uline for all overseas import shipments into the U.S. Lead recurring meetings, monitor performance, implement process improvements and conduct audits to ensure accuracy of entries.
- Develop and communicate monthly and quarterly reporting and metrics to senior leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Grow compliance awareness within the organization. Provide compliance training as needed.
- Assist with strategic projects to improve efficiency, compliance risk and cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage oversight of documentation, manuals and procedures as they relate to Customs regulations, other agency government requirements and Uline's business procedures.
- Lead, develop and supervise a team of trade compliance professionals.
- Establish and monitor internal audit processes. Conduct regular trade compliance process reviews and internal audits across operating units to assure trade compliance effectiveness. Identify areas of weakness for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree.
- U.S. Customs broker license strongly preferred.
- 5 to 7 years experience in a company with heavy U.S. import volume.
- Supervisory / managerial experience a plus.
- In-depth trade compliance knowledge with import trade documentation including HTS classification, country of origin and proper valuation methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Canada and Mexico trade compliance experience a plus.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.