Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Manager
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Service Desk Manager.
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Working at Uline is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, we seek to do it the best way.
- Manage the daily operations of Uline's 24/7 IT Service Desk.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of IT production systems including identification, resolution and escalation to proper individuals.
- Perform implementation and system management of tools to provide adequate IT system monitoring and notification, as well as ITIL compliant service desk management.
- Review incident tickets for content, proper routing, first-call resolution, problem detection, opportunities for first-call resolution and timely closure.
- Ensure all operational processes and procedures are accurate, clearly documented and maintained.
- Participate in change management and disaster recovery processes.
- Investigate and introduce process improvement measures and provide recommendations.
- Manage and communicate high-severity issues through resolution, providing accurate and timely status report to management.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 10+ years experience managing a multi-platform, multi-location, 24 x 7 operations and help desk.
- Experience implementing and utilizing ITIL compliant service desk tools.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and delegate responsibilities.
- Strong incident and problem-management skills including identification and escalation of system issues.
- Experience managing high-severity issues and/or outages.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.