Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline seeks an experienced Corporate Counsel at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
You will join our Legal team that supports Uline's corporate and branch locations across the United States, Canada and Mexico. As a Corporate Counsel, you will work with a team of 4 lawyers and 3 additional staff members to support Uline's entire North American operation.
We are looking for a passionate legal expert with a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and at least 5 years experience. The ideal candidate should be able to practice law in Wisconsin by admission or current registration in another qualifying jurisdiction.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts.
- Prepare legal memoranda and research on legal issues involving product regulation and liability, trade and customs, and immigration.
- Conduct research on trademarks, patents and other intellectual property matters.
- Handle legal matters for Uline's various businesses and subsidiaries, including those located in Canada and Mexico.
- Help ensure the organization maintains ongoing regulatory compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
- 5 years’ attorney experience; in-house experience a plus.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to practice law in the state of Wisconsin or eligible for admission on proof of practice elsewhere.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Substantive civil litigation and courtroom experience a plus.
- Experience advising businesses in Mexico and Canada a plus.
- Experience with immigration matters a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Professional demeanor and team player with high degree of confidentiality a must.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with quick response time.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and writing skills.
- Some travel required.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.