Systems Engineer - Linux
Systems Engineer - Linux
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Design, plan and implement enterprise-wide Unix system solutions.
- Support server software and hardware plus related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Assist in capacity planning, data center buildouts and performing software / firmware upgrades.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Develop automation programs and scripts using shell scripting.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years experience with design, build and administration of Red Hat Linux preferred.
- Experience working on VMware virtualization preferred.
- IT certifications such as RHCE, RHCA, RHCSA preferred.
- Shell scripting (Bash, Korn, Perl) knowledge for automation.
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Red Hat Satellite, Ansible and Nagios.
- Working experience with IBM AIX, VIOS, HMC, clustered file systems and GPFS.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and remote communications.
- Experience in designing and implementing high-availability and disaster recovery solutions in fast paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus and experience with end users.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.