Systems Engineer - Linux
Systems Engineer - Linux
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
or at our recruiting office in downtown Milwaukee.
Visit uline.jobs for event dates and details.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Design, plan and implement enterprise-wide Unix system solutions.
- Support server software and hardware plus related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Assist in capacity planning, data center buildouts and performing software / firmware upgrades.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Develop automation programs and scripts using shell scripting.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years experience with design, build and administration of Red Hat Linux preferred.
- Experience working on VMware virtualization preferred.
- IT certifications such as RHCE, RHCA, RHCSA preferred.
- Shell scripting (Bash, Korn, Perl) knowledge for automation.
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Red Hat Satellite, Ansible and Nagios.
- Working experience with IBM AIX, VIOS, HMC, clustered file systems and GPFS.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and remote communications.
- Experience in designing and implementing high-availability and disaster recovery solutions in fast paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus and experience with end users.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.