Location:Edmonton, AB, Canada
11504 - 186 Street NW. Edmonton, AB T5S 0J1
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5 PM
- Respond and resolve user support requests.
- Log time and problem resolutions into ticket system.
- Maintain inventory, perform audits and manage equipment check-in process.
- Manage user accounts and permissions.
- Deploy new hardware and software and perform maintenance on existing equipment.
- Work with management to ensure maximum availability of all systems within the Business Unit.
- Research solutions to new problems and better solutions to existing problems.
- Participate in planning and implementing large scale projects.
- Perform basic maintenance for network servers.
- Create and maintain documentation of various systems and software programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows technology, Group Policy, Microsoft Active Directory, administration, user accounts and internet e-mail preferred.
- General understanding and interest in basic networking, remote communications, working with software, hardware and other infra systems.
- Ability to install and maintain laser printers and computers.
- Excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours or weekends.
- Required to provide on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Reimbursements for fitness memberships.
- Free chair massages.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.