Systems Administrator - IIS
Systems Administrator - IIS
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is seeking a Systems Administrator - IIS (Internet Information Services) to join our Technology team.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Act as SME for IIS system administration and support for Uline's e-commerce web and intranet applications.
- Manage web services, 3rd party SSL certificates and general server configurations, including installing patches and web server security.
- Provide long-term performance improvements and capacity planning recommendations.
- Perform in-depth technical root cause analysis for high priority issues within IIS.
- Provide tuning recommendations to resolve complex performance issues (response time, throughput, etc.).
- Provide input and insight to the architecture and build process for setting up and configuring web services.
- Plan and implement upgrades and migration strategies for IIS.
- Assist in performing periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- Set standards for the configurations of new applications.
- Assist with automating and improving the application release process.
- Assist in continuous integration and deployment pipeline setup and configuration.
- Mentor other team members on IIS configuration and architecture best practices.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and application development teams to ensure optimal performance for IIS related websites.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years experience in IIS administration, installation and configuration.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with general Windows Server administration tasks.
- Experience with IIS log analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting tools like Dynatrace, IIS Tracer, Debug Diagnostics and Log Parser.
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012, load balancers, general networking and firewall concepts.
- Experience designing and architecting web servers, which includes clustering and/or load balancing technologies.
- Experience with website performance tuning, monitoring and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and practices.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.