Sr. Platform Engineers
Sr. Platform Engineers
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Pleasant Prairie, WI
- Perform technical implementation and design of new features and capabilities for a highly scalable, modernized platform encompassing middleware and Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions and assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of the technical environment.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure the technical environment is recoverable within pre-determined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Develop an understanding of applications and integration and bring any issues to resolution, monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Install, support, and analyze logs and performance tuning.
- Install, configure and support middleware applications, planning for and applying application software patches.
- Technical environment: IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM Liberty, Middleware applications, IBM MQ, MQ File Transfer, Java containers (IBM WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic, Liberty), Microsoft IIS server, Elastic ELK stack, Java/J2SE, RedHat Linux, Shell scripting, SQL, IBM DB2 LUW, Oracle databases, cloud services and CI/CD frameworks which include git, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Jenkins and JFrog Artifactory.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Computer Information Systems/Technology or any Engineering field plus six years of experience in the job offered or with IBM Websphere Application Server/IBM MQ/IBM Liberty Application Server/MQ File transfer administration/environment required.
- Required Skills: Installing, configuring and supporting middleware applications, MQ, MQ File Transfer, Java containers (IBM WebSphere Application Server, Liberty, JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic), IIS server, Java/J2SE, RedHat Linux, Shell scripting, SQL, Oracle databases, cloud services and CI/CD framework (git, Elastic ELK stack, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory).
- (* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Computer Information Systems/Technology or any Engineering field plus 8 years of progressive experience in the job offered or with IBM Websphere Application Server/IBM MQ/IBM Liberty Application Server/MQ File transfer administration/environment also acceptable.)
Uline is a drug-free workplace
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.