Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
At Uline, our products are always in stock and ready to ship in all locations. This is how we fulfill our service promise to our customers. In the Purchasing Department, you'll make sure we have enough supply to cover the demand for each product at every location.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screen.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and utilize "like item" demand history to develop new item forecasts and order points.
- Set corporate and branch order points.
- Establish pre-buy strategies along with ramp-up / ramp-down plans for seasonal product lines.
- Utilize established demand planning tools to review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, develop forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
- Provide input to Purchasing and establish inventory strategies on new products, existing items and product phase-outs.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities such as scenario planning and capacity analysis.
- Work closely with buyers and merchants to ensure backorders are minimized.
- Measure performance by creating and / or providing metrics and measurements, as well as exception management reports, to analyze program effectiveness and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 to 3 years experience in purchasing, demand forecasting or related fields.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of demand planning / forecasting software a plus.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 37,500 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.