Associate Software Developer
Associate Software Developer
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
In this role you will join Uline's unique LearnIT program where you'll gain hands-on experience in various functional areas within the department. LearnIT's extensive training and on-site class schedule will set you up for success both technically and professionally. Plus, you’ll have ongoing support through attentive leadership and shadowing opportunities.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
We took great care to ensure our technology stack is a blend of the latest, proven technologies that are robust enough to withstand the test of time and nimble enough to evolve alongside our growing business. Programming frameworks built on .Net and Java are our cornerstone with the latest version of Angular for our new front end. Supporting systems like Elastic, Git, Consul, Hibernate, Cassandra and Ansible, just to name a few, are also heavily used.
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain applications based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Create and maintain user interface patterns and standard library.
- Apply object-oriented principles when implementing solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software-related issues.
- Maintain code quality through unit testing.
- Document code appropriately for maintainability.
- Communicate with business analysts to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications. Translate requirements into functional code.
- Collaborate with team members on projects.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- Educational experience in .Net or Java and SQL programming.
- Understanding of object-oriented and relational database design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available for possible travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 37,500 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Unfortunately, Uline is unable to offer US work sponsorship at this time.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.