Senior Software Engineer - Java
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Design, develop and maintain complex, shared Enterprise Java services - security, logging, common APIs and enforcing coding standards.
- Design, enhance and maintain Spring components such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Data and Spring Security.
- Develop and monitor large scale distributed systems using modern tooling, such as Spring Boot, WebSockets, Consul and ELK.
- Work with architects and technical leads on critical integrations.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure design principles are followed through the implementation of project.
- Act as a mentor for other developers on software development design and development challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related major.
- 5+ years Java development experience.
- Strong Java / J2EE experience on WebSphere or similar application servers.
- Expert knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Expert knowledge of Spring, JPA / Hibernate, Service discovery and REST.
- Working knowledge of application design and implementation for containers / cloud-native environment.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 37,500 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Uline provides the essential supplies needed to keep organizations operational and productive. To protect the health and safety of our employees, we have modified our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Unfortunately, Uline is unable to offer US work sponsorship at this time.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.