Software Developer - Web
Software Developer - Web
2200 S. Lakeside Drive, Waukegan, IL 60085
Develop custom solutions and enjoy a great career at Uline. Bring your extensive skillset to a place ready to employ every facet of it. Collaborate on customer-facing and internal projects among a team of dedicated fellow developers.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Apply industry best practices to design, develop, test, deploy, support and maintain complex web applications based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Enhance and support e-commerce and mobile sites as well as sales, intranet and internal web applications.
- Assist in project planning and architectural design reviews.
- Mentor other developers on programming issues.
- Work with development team to ensure consistency in processes and completion of deliverables.
- Exhibit leadership in cross-functional development practices.
- Perform design and code reviews and help maintain code quality, performance and application responsiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years web development experience.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, web application architecture and relational database design.
- Experience using T-SQL with an ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio (MVS) and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for work management a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git and CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 37,500 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Uline provides the essential supplies needed to keep organizations operational and productive. To protect the health and safety of our employees, we have modified our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Unfortunately, Uline is unable to offer US work sponsorship at this time.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.