Senior DB2 LUW DBA
Senior DB2 LUW DBA
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment hair follicle drug screening.
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices.
- Collaborate to develop data models for business processes.
- Work with the Application Development team to ensure database change timeliness and adherence to best practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot database performance issues in all areas of the enterprise.
- Ensure industry-wide security standards.
- Design and develop complex PL / SQL code and ETL processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours tasks (DR tests, DBMS upgrades, UAT refreshes, etc.).
- Performance tune complex SQL statements generated by Hybernate or COGNOS in a DB2 11.1 pureScale environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field.
- 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and / or database administration preferred.
- Advanced RDBMS knowledge in DB2 LUW 11.1 (pureScale) with a focus on high volume OLTP production support.
- Experience in DB2 LUW 11.1 pureScale installation and configuration, including upgrading and patching.
- DB2 LUW HADR experience.
- Advanced experience tuning queries, interpreting execution plans, making index recommendations and an understanding of how to influence the SQL query engine.
- ETL experience, including data exports, imports and transformation.
- Proficient in PL / SQL development, troubleshooting and optimization.
- RHEL 6.5-7.5 and AIX proficiency.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service, our 800+ page catalog of over 38,500 quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock inventory. With over 7,000 employees across 12 locations, it's time you joined Uline.
Uline provides the essential supplies needed to keep organizations operational and productive. To protect the health and safety of our employees, we have modified our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.