Vice President of Research
Vice President of Research
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is seeking a Vice President of Research to join our Executive Operations / Technology team.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
Are you graphical, well-read, curious and enjoy presenting to large groups? If so, Uline has a job for you.
The Vice President of Research leads a team of eight top research professionals. This is a strategic research position with an emphasis on business operations, market competition, industry trends, benchmarking, technology, world events and politics. The Uline Research team is responsible for creating analyses, presentations and recommendations.
- Be Uline's "front runner" for emerging industry trends, best practices and competitor strategies.
- Create clear and concise executive summary memos, diagrams and presentations.
- Present effectively in front of Executive Management and groups of over 400 people.
- Be a benchmarking leader, essential to discovering and sharing best practices.
- Perform financial analyses to determine vendor and competitor financial health.
- Deliver information by generating both recurring and ad hoc reports.
- Work with IT and business units to gain in-depth understanding of processes, challenges and strategies. Make recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree a plus.
- 15+ years in a strategic role. Industrial supply experience a plus.
- Excellent research skills a must.
- Naturally curious with an interest in learning something new every day.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong team player who effectively collaborates with other team members, departments and external organizations to gather insights.
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to changing priorities a must.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products found in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.