Trade Compliance Specialist
Trade Compliance Specialist
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
or at our recruiting office in downtown Milwaukee.
Visit uline.jobs for event dates and details.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Review product descriptions and technical data to determine import/export classification in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Commerce Control List (CCL).
- Provide guidance to various departments on international logistics and trade compliance, including Transportation, Merchandising, Marketing and Warehouse.
- Assist in reviews and audits of compliance matters.
- Provide logistics and compliance training.
- Respond to inquiries from customs brokers, government agencies, customer or vendors regarding classification, documentation requirements, or other import issues to ensure timely clearance
- Manage licenses and approvals from U.S. and foreign regulatory agencies as to exports and imports.
- Oversee record keeping related to import-export logistics and compliance.
- Monitor transportation practices, trends, pricing and government regulations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Technical expertise with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and U.S. import regulations.
- Certified Classification Specialist (CCLS) a plus.
- Strong process and technical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.