Senior Platform Support Engineer
Senior Platform Support Engineer
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate monitoring, alerting, and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Develop, Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines following the best practices.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Provide on-call support for production applications and mentor junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 8+ years experience supporting middleware and packaged applications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git, UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible, puppet or Dynatrace a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as loadbalancing and routing, DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, collaborative and communication skills.
- Forward thinking and flexible to work on any technology.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.