Senior Platform Support Engineer
Senior Platform Support Engineer
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
or at our recruiting office in downtown Milwaukee.
Visit uline.jobs for event dates and details.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate monitoring, alerting, and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Develop, Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines following the best practices.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Provide on-call support for production applications and mentor junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 8+ years experience supporting middleware and packaged applications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git, UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible, puppet or Dynatrace a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as loadbalancing and routing, DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, collaborative and communication skills.
- Forward thinking and flexible to work on any technology.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.