Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
or at our recruiting office in downtown Milwaukee.
Visit uline.jobs for event dates and details.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Lead the architecture design and support for the enterprise application portfolio, including third-party and custom applications for enterprise-wide capabilities, such as document management and collaboration, as well as Finance and HR systems.
- Recommend alternatives for how to migrate the application portfolio to best align with business needs and to optimize maintainability and performance.
- Lead evaluation of purchased software alternatives, including potential human capital management and finance application suites.
- Architect the composition of custom-built solutions.
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Design solutions for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to application development and technical designers.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Broad knowledge and experience with multiple technologies such as Java, Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, nTier, database management systems and open source trends.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems.
- Strong database design and implementation knowledge.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communication with various levels of management and staff in both the business and IT.
- Able to recognize forward-looking business needs along with industry, business and IT trends.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 812-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.