Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Talk to us about this position and learn all about our spectacular growth, generous benefits and awesome people!
- Lead the architecture design and support for the enterprise application portfolio, including third-party and custom applications for enterprise-wide capabilities, such as document management and collaboration, as well as Finance and HR systems.
- Recommend alternatives for how to migrate the application portfolio to best align with business needs and to optimize maintainability and performance.
- Lead evaluation of purchased software alternatives, including potential human capital management and finance application suites.
- Architect the composition of custom-built solutions.
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Design solutions for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to application development and technical designers.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Broad knowledge and experience with multiple technologies such as Java, Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, nTier, database management systems and open source trends.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems.
- Strong database design and implementation knowledge.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communication with various levels of management and staff in both the business and IT.
- Able to recognize forward-looking business needs along with industry, business and IT trends.
- Available for travel to Uline's domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company whose incredible service, huge inventory and quality products fuel our ongoing expansion and growth. We offer same-day shipping on over 36,000 products in our 788-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.