Senior Java Engineer
Senior Java Engineer
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uncover your full potential in a collaborative environment where you'll design, develop and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
*Visa sponsorship potentially available for this position.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment hair follicle drug screening.
- Develop, improve and maintain cloud-ready distributed microservices using Java Spring components including Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration and Spring Data.
- Develop and improve the observability of thousands of microservices running in multiple data centers using tooling that includes Consul, Dynatrace, Nagios and Elastic Stack.
- Develop, configure, enhance and support CI / CD pipeline that incorporates TFS, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube and UrbanCode.
- Perform object-oriented software analysis and design by applying industry best practices, patterns and techniques.
- Design, develop and maintain complex shared Enterprise Java services including security, logging, REST, common APIs and enforcing coding standards.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure design principles are followed by developers implementing shared architecture components.
- Act as a mentor to other developers on software development design and development challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years Java development experience.
- 3+ years experience developing microservices with the Java Spring framework with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring LDAP and Spring REST.
- 3+ years experience developing with Spring Data, including JPA, JDBC, Cassandra and Solr.
- 5+ years developing with SQL.
- 2+ years developing with Cassandra Query Language (CQL).
- Experience of microservices architecture style and domain-driven design.
- 5+ years experience developing and supporting CI / CD pipelines built around TFS, Git, Maven, Jenkins, UrbanCode, Artifactory, SonarQube or similar technology.
- Proven ability to analyze performance issues using java profiling tools.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service, our 800+ page catalog of over 38,500 quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock inventory. With over 8,000 employees across 12 locations, it's time you joined Uline.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.