Location:Milton, ON, Canada
3333 James Snow Parkway North, Milton, ON L9T 8L1
As an Accounting Assistant, you will provide support to Uline's Canada Accounting department. You will process customer payments to ensure accounts are current and in good standing, plus discover and solve any issues that arise. You will also be working with vendor invoices and perform auditing functions to ensure everything is correctly following Uline procedures.
The ideal candidate will have accounting experience, an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and Oracle experience.
- Provide ongoing support to the Accounting department with particular focus on accounts payable and cash applications functions.
- Process customer cheques and electronic payments. Apply payments to customer accounts and follow-up on any identified discrepancies.
- Assist with account reconciliation projects.
- Review and audit accounts payable input batches for accuracy and compliance with existing accounting controls.
- Process supplier invoices and review 3-way match.
- Review and resolve issues in emails received from internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of Accounting team.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary degree in a business-related field preferred.
- 2+ years accounting experience.
- Excellent typing and keyboard skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Previous experience with a high volume of transactions - cash applications and / or accounts payable.
- Experience with AS400 an asset.
- Oracle experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills with an ability to multitask.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Opportunity to explore other departments as training and career continues.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café and outdoor patio.
- First-class fitness center.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.