Senior WebSphere Administrator
Senior WebSphere Administrator
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline is looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Senior WebSphere Administrator.
Uline's 200+ person IT department is working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems. Whether we're improving our customer experience or supporting our internal business units, Uline's IT department seeks to do it the best way.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster-recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for production applications.
- Monitor the JVM performance by analyzing heap, connection pools and garbage collection patterns.
- Maintain a strong understanding of clustering and HA design.
- Maintain good comprehension of message driven beans (MDB), EJB and web services.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Configure applications for best performance.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years experience supporting middleware and packaged applications.
- 4 years hands-on experience administering WebSphere Application Server ND with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting software on Red Hat Linux.
- Strong understanding of networking and security concepts.
- Deep understanding of JDBC and JMS connection management within WebSphere.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ and/or other messaging technologies.
- Understanding of network standards, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP.
- Understanding of networking concepts, such as load balancing and routing. Ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Comfortable with scripting languages to automate tasks, including Bash, Perl and Python.
- Experience with provisioning tools, such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible, a plus.
- Experience with Cloud technologies (IaaS or PaaS), Manhattan WMOS and IBM Power hardware a plus.
- Experience using a code deployment tool, like UrbanCode, a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively and excel in a team environment.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision and life), Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time-off.
- Profit sharing plus bonus programs based on annual performance and sales goals.
- Company-paid professional development classes, in-house speaker sessions, workshops, industry seminars and conventions.
- Tuition assistance program that covers professional continuing education.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Charitable donation-matching program to support your favorite charity.
- On-site café with meals and dinner-to-go options prepared by executive chefs.
- First-class fitness center with sauna and complimentary personal trainers.
- In-house salon and spa.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.