Building Systems Technician
Building Systems Technician
Location:Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to join our Facilities team as a Building Systems Technician.
Uline's Facilities department works hard to ensure seamless building operations throughout all Uline locations. The Building Systems Technician will monitor building automation systems and perform any repairs or adjustments needed to ensure all equipment is safe and fully operational.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years experience, plus an understanding of emergency power systems, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and generators.
- Monitor building automation systems on a daily basis.
- Perform repairs and adjustments and support projects related to building automation systems.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Escort outside contractors and inspect their work.
- Perform assigned preventive maintenance and repairs to HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems and fire life safety (FLS) systems.
- Maintain, operate, repair and test all NFPA required emergency backup and standby power, electrical systems and HVAC systems.
- Maintain the building lighting system, including lamp and ballast replacements.
- Respond immediately to emergency calls and customer concerns.
- Travel to multiple local facilities.
- Take part in rotating 24/7 on-call support.
- Complete all work orders within assigned time.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
- 7+ years experience.
- HVAC certification and building automation experience a plus.
- Understanding of emergency power systems, UPS and generators.
- Understanding of FLS systems.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Able to handle an on-call rotating 24/7 schedule.
THERE'S NO LIMIT TO WHAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH!
We're growing fast and looking for future leaders and problem-solvers who are ready to grow with us. If you have passion for what you do, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. Plus, you'll also receive fantastic benefits and perks that create an outstanding work environment for everyone at Uline.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service and quality products. We offer same-day shipping on over 34,000 products found in our 760-page catalog and on our state-of-the-art e-commerce website.
Our quality products, huge inventory and ongoing expansion fuel our incredible growth. This is a great time to join Uline!
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
Uline challenges you to be your best. It pushes the limits of your potential and provides you with the tools you need to succeed, making it a great place to build your career.